Oakburn Properties was established in 1959 and formed part of a group of Companies, the Winglaw Group, which undertook some major urban regeneration projects in prime north west and west London locations covering 24 acres (10.15 hectares), providing over 500 townhouses and apartments, 50 retail units and office buildings in Kensington, St John’s Wood and Swiss Cottage.
In the 1980s, the Company converted its status to that of a public limited company and took in a group of private and public company investors. It greatly expanded its portfolio and in the late 1990s, floated a trading subsidiary, Grosvenor Land Holdings plc, on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), remaining a major shareholder. Grosvenor Land built up a portfolio of assets including 3 major business centre projects branded ‘The Powerhub’. In 2003, Oakburn Properties had paid off all its debt and the Company agreed to a management buyout from Douglas and Simon Blausten (the Executive Directors) who already owned over 30% of the Company directly. This was concluded on January 2004 and enabled all the private shareholders to exit their investment at a considerable profit.
As part of the restructuring process, Oakburn sold its 32% stake in Grosvenor Land to Terrace Hill Group plc where Douglas Blausten became a Non-Executive Director.
Since 2004, Oakburn Properties has rapidly developed a portfolio that is almost equally balanced between the United Kingdom and Germany. It is also an indirect investor in property related funds.
2006, the shareholders injected further cash funds into the Company in the form of equity of approximately £2 million (€2.52 million).
2008, the Company negotiated a new cross-border multi-currency facility with its principle UK bankers, the Royal Bank of Scotland plc for £13.5 million (€17 million).
2009, new prime office investment purchase in the UK (Birmingham)
2010, new retail investment purchase in Germany (Bavaria)
2012, the company negotiated a £9.5m (€12.065m) facility with Royal Bank of Scotland